Have you ever made a decision that you believe could have altered your life path?

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog! Thanks for coming back!Premium Vector | The girl is preparing for the exam. the student is worried  about entering the university.5 Signs Your Employees Are Overworked | When I Work

Today I will be sharing a story about my past. Have I ever made a decision that made me believe I altered my life path? The answer is YES. This story might be a little controversial. I graduated high school in 2015, and right before graduation everyone was excited about the Colleges and Universities they had applied to. All my friends were going to live on campus. They were going to good schools. During this time, my dad had a stroke and was very sick. He had a bunch of health problems. As the oldest in my family, I had to step up and help. Due to the circumstance, I couldn't live on campus because I had to work and help my parents with bills. I felt guilty and decide to go to a community college instead, and so I did. I was working two-three part time jobs and balancing college, while all my friends were in the end of finishing college. I hated my life at that moment and hated the situation I was in, I wanted to have the life my friends had, where their parents were financially stable. I never said anything to my parents about how I felt. In 2019, I graduated with my A.A in Liberal Arts, while everyone graduated with their B.A  At that moment I was happy but also angry at myself. I felt angry at myself because I wished at the time, I would have been a little selfish about going to a 4 -year college instead of staying back home to help. I felt that if I would have thought about myself, I would have finished faster and I would've been in a better position where I was making more money and had a career I can depend on. I know this sounds selfish, but anyone that knows me, knows how much of a push over I am. I am a people pleaser and it's hard to think about myself at times. I wanted my parents to be happy and not worry as much. I thought I made a wrong decision by staying behind and the thought of it never left me live in peace. I felt so behind. 


4 Tips for Talking to Your Latino Parents About Mental Health | KQED


Last-minute ideas to celebrate graduation for your kids | MamasLatinas.com


Today, I am 26 years old, and as I get older, I don't feel the same. I am happy I made that decision in staying behind in my hometown to work and help out. My parents aren't getting any younger and although it has taken a longer time to finish college, I am happy to say I'm a good daughter to my parents. I have helped them at 17/18 years of age until this very day I am continuing to do so. If I would have not helped, I don't know where my parents would be. I am a strong believer that things happen for a reason, and maybe that was a way of God telling me I will face more difficult challenges on the way  (which I have) but I can do it ! I can do anything I set my mind to. I'm proud to say everything I have and what my parents have is thanks to my hard work and my desire to be successful to provide for my family. I will be the first in my family to be graduating with my bachelors degree. Can't wait for May 30, 2023!

Comments

  1. hello jennifer!
    it's a very touching short background you shared with us. I think it was the best decision you could have made because you helped your parents and sometimes life is too much, maybe if you didn't help out you would have regretted it after but I'm sure you feel happy of yourself! You're a great daughter and it shows how much you cared about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is higher education worth the price?

Is fast food the new tobacco?

Are we products of our environment or products of our expectations?